America Movil Strategic management
- Brief overview of the company since its establishment
- Why do we consider the company successful?
- Analysis of the decision-making process within the company
- Key products and services
- Major customers
- Major competitors
- Multiple acquisitions of 2003
- Acquisition of Verizon communications
- Exclusivity agreement with Apple Inc.
- Create and manage the new infrastructure
- Make data services affordable to the population
- Caribbean markets
- Mobile advertising
America Movil was established in September 2000 in a spin-off from Telmex and Telcel, the leading provider of telecommunications services in Mexico. The spin-off was implemented using a procedure under the Mexican General Corporations Law (Ley General de Sociedades Mercantiles) called "escisión".
In 1999, America Movil (AM) began acquiring international subsidiaries and investing in Brazilian operations and other international affiliates. America Movil made significant acquisitions in Latin America and the Caribbean during the past 12 years, including the acquisitions of Telmex Internacional, CGT and Telmex.
America Movil continues to look for other investment opportunities in telecommunication companies worldwide, including in markets where they are already present. Now, all the companies are controlled by the Carso Group, directed by Carlos Slim. This man is the richest person in the world with 69 milliards of dollars in 2012 before Bill Gates.
America Movil provides telecommunications services in 18 countries and Coverage for a combined population of 836 million. In 2008, they began the largest provider of wireless communications services in the world, based on the number of subscribers (270 million subscribers), with the largest market share in Mexico, Colombia and Ecuador and the third-largest in Brazil.