Diversification of Nokia
- Logistics at H&M: An essential service
- Logistics in the textile world
- Logistics and distribution H&M
- Purchase and production
- The characteristics of the logistics of H&M: the sales through supply chain
- The sell-through
- Definition of supply chain
- Logistics in the "supply chain"
Nokia is the world leader in the mobile telephone market and has 38% of the market shares. The telephone market witnessed a strong growth between 1990 and 2000. Today, it looks like the market is mature.
However, competition remains fierce. The phones tend to include many more sophisticated features and have also begun to exploit the internet. A serious competitor to Nokia,is Apple and they launched their iPhone in the third quarter of 2007. On August 29, 2007, Nokia announced the launch of several new internet services in its phones, by creating a new multimedia platform in collaboration with Ovi. Then Nokia announced its intention to acquire the map maker, Navteq, for 5.7 billion euros in early October.
This operation was a part of the diversification strategy that it initiated in September.
Tags - Nokia, Navteq, Apple, map maker