Advertising on the Super Bowl
- What is the Super Bowl?
- What are the stakes of the Super Bowl?
- For the TV channels
- The stakes for the advertisers
- Is advertising on the Super Bowl day efficient?
- Famous advertisers
- Apple 1984
- The 1979 Mean Joe Green Coke commercial
- Fed Ex, Burt Reynolds (dancing with bears)
The Super Bowl is one of the main event in the United States. The National Football League (NFL) final gathers millions of Americans on television. In view of the potential of this event, it is a good opportunity for firms to advertise to reach a large group of audience. Indeed, the Super Bowl is a great opportunity to get in touch with the public (customers). Since 2000, companies have spent an average of $2 million for a 30 second spot during the game. The aim of this report is to understand the benefits for companies which advertise on the Super Bowl day and to analyze the impact of the advertisement on that particular day.