Corporate ethics of Carrefour
- Women and standards of beauty
- The changing image of women in society
- The ubiquity of women in the media
- Dove transgresses the codes of communication
- Dove is determined to distinguish itself from its competition
- 'For all the beauties? campaign, is a pioneer in communication
- Had the brand Dove gone too far in its strategy?
- What happens when a cosmetic brand packaging denounces girls?
- The spot "Hype" raises the issue of the credibility of Dove
- Dove tries to give weight to its communication
The purpose of this case study is the unethical situation during an internship or period of work experience within a company. The study of this situation will lead to solutions to tackle such unethical issues and situations.
Carrefour, the pioneer of the hypermarket concept, is also active in other formats of large scale distribution, primarily supermarkets and hard discount stores. The group operates other brands as well, both international and local.
Supermarkets, and especially the one in which the author worked in, hires many interns and students. This is part of the company's strategy and is used to fill the slots and to provide maximum assistance to full-time employees. These interns represent a vital work force because they carry out the same amount of work as other employees but represent cheaper costs as employers are not obliged to pay over 30% of SMIC to them.
Multimedia service is selling all kinds of technology products such as computers and laptops, televisions, plasma screens and LCD screens, digital cameras and camcorders, printers, stereos, and MP3 players etc.
The author's job was to sell these different technological devices. Added to this, the sale of products and complementary accessories such as covers for cameras, USB sticks, ink cartridges for printers, Web Cams, Internet subscriptions were known as so-called additional sales.
In addition to selling the products, the author had to provide comprehensive information to clients, facilitating their research and also organizing the radius in order to facilitate the 'clients' lives. These functions are usually the tasks of front office and back office employees.
Tags: working of supermarkets, corporate ethics of Carrefour