DuPont: Case Study
- Problem definition
- Approach to the problem
- Research design
- Management decision problem facing DuPont
- Marketing research problem
- Marketing research problem can be break down into the following components
- Research questions and hypothesis
Problem definition is the most important step in a marketing research project. It involves stating the general problem and identifying the specific components of the marketing research problem. And only when the marketing research problem has been clearly defined, the research can be designed and conducted properly.
DuPont is a company specialized in manufacture of carpets and represents a leader in the carpet industry. It could sell its products to three end-use segments that are :
- The commercial segment for offices, hospitals, hotels, schools, government facilities and industrial sites;
- The contract residential carpets for large residential purposes like apartment complexes or subdivisions;
- The residential carpets for homes.