Eco-marketing: the case of Patagonia
- Position of the L'Oreal and Henkel on the market for cosmetics
- History of the two groups
- Time axis of Henkel
- Time axis of L'Oreal
- Determination of the core businesses of both companies
- Areas of strategic activities of the two groups
- Determination of the target of L'Oreal and Henkel
- Determination of the need satisfied by the products of L'Oreal and Henkel
- Type of technology used in the SBU studied
- The competitive forces of Porter
- Threats and Opportunities in the cosmetics market
- The key success factors
- Map of strategic groups
- Strategic analysis of L'Oreal and Henkel
- Strengths and weaknesses of L'Oreal
- Strengths and weaknesses of Henkel
- SWOT Analysis - L'Oreal, Henkel
- The value chains of the two groups
- The BCG Matrix for L'Oreal and Henkel
- Financial Comparison
- Revenue breakdown by business
- Evolution of profitability
- Evolution of the share value
- Comparative analysis of strategies
- Global Strategy of L'Oreal
- Strategy of constant innovation
- An intensive communication strategy
- The concentration of its activities
- Internationalization strategy
- Global Strategy of the Group Henkel
- Innovation Strategy
- Communication strategy for the "Citizen"
- Diversification strategy
- Internationalization strategy
- The future of Henkel
- The future of L'Oreal
- The cosmetics market
- Justification of the hexagon sector of Porter
- The threat of new entrants
- The threat of substitute products
- The bargaining power of customers
- The bargaining power of suppliers
- The threat of firms in the sector
- The power of the state
- Analysis of key companies
- Breakdown of the couples Opportunities / Threats and Strengths / Weaknesses
The involvement of business in favor of the environment becomes a daily reality and is becoming more and more as a necessity. The logic of company shares, and also issues become important for the performance of markets. The logic and strategies that we observe are very different, because it depends on a companies' environmental commitment.
It presents an ethical choice, and for others it results from an economic choice. Is there not a risk that companies use ecology as a new way to communicate and it is not followed by deeds? "Patagonia" is interesting on many levels because historically it is a parent company of eco-marketing, and also a pioneer in the business sector and outdoor communication.
The outdoor market is a market where it seems interesting to consider because it has a number of features related to businesses that comprise the one hand, and also with the fact that the market survives and depends on the ecology. Without a debate on the protection of nature, the market may simply disappear for lack of practice facilities.
In this work, we'll elaborate on the ecology and eco-marketing. We discuss about the establishment of "green" products on the market for sporting goods. We will also try to analyze the specific positioning of Patagonia's market: outdoor activities. It was a market where the brand was a major player for many years. For this work, the methodology is based on documentary research, and also on the analysis and interviews.
"If we reduced to twenty-four hours, one day, five billion years make up the complete history of our earth, man would only appear the space of the last three seconds of these twenty-four hours and only during the final fractions of a second what would be the Industrial Revolution.? This little phrase shows the influence of our latest generation on the environment, if we compare our energy or raw material current with what it was before the industrial revolution, we see the influence that man on Earth.
Sport in recent decades has been a very important development. It has even become the number one leisure populations of industrialized countries. The sport has been democratized and professionalized during this century. We meet the professionalization at all levels, both for athletes in training or competition, for the organizers. The Olympic Games illustrate this evolution. The masses and the masses of financial practitioners are increasingly important.
Concern about the environment, they also experienced a growing development in recent decades. The various industrial revolutions led to many advances, making communication and travel much easier for later generations. But all this was sometimes at the expense of common sense and nature. Man has lost all capacity for self-face habitat; up to endanger the foundations of its own existence.
The sports movement under the leadership of associations, nongovernmental organizations, businesses or the Olympic Committee has acknowledged the problem on a global scale. It has taken many actions for the environment.
The word "ecology" is known to the general public in industrialized countries since the 1970s. In France it is particularly events such as the oil spill, Torrey Canyon in 1967, or real estate projects threaten the Vanoise National Park, which played in its popularization.
Tags: ecology; environment; Patagonia; eco-marketing