Choice of the book and its background information
- Main objective with evidence from the book
- Types of leadership styles demonstrated by different characters in the book
- Characters and their qualities that lead to success the business (Debbie - optimism)
- Main lessons and their expectations
- The most important lesson learnt from the book: Sharing
The book reflects the business society and provides qualities that compose a modern day leader. The book's title has a hidden meaning that the authors use to highlight a great leader's important traits. The authors, Ken Blanchard and Mark Miller, are leadership experts in the corporate sector who have had different experiences on the leaders that different situations create. They have used these skills to incorporate different character traits in their story. Characterization has been used to show the different procedures that an individual has to go through to become a ?Great Leader.'
Choosing the book was on the basis of past experiences where the authors have written other books pertaining leadership styles while sessions with the media caused their awareness. According to the book's title, I expect to learn more ways of becoming a great leader and the different leadership styles present in the business sectors. I also expect to gain knowledge that will help me clarify the debate that argues whether a leader is born or made.