Population of Ghana has been increasing at an average rate of 1.8% per year. Increase has imposed a burden on the country for infrastructure in the form of schools, hospitals, housing, and roads.
At independence in 1957, the required infrastructure was provided mainly by the then socialist-inclined government. Change in government ideology and the insufficiency of state resources has led to deficit in infrastructure and housing delivery. Private participation in the provision of such infrastructure has become necessary.
Constructional inputs in the form of concrete products have not matched demand due to the preference of investors to move into estate development for quick turnover. Existence of numerous small and medium scale concrete products manufacturers who account for about 60% of production volume. Only 6 established major industrial producers who account for the remaining 40%.
With the current industry production, less than 70% of the total demand is met.
using our reader.