Blood donation and donation of organs
- The reasons for the Irish "no"
- The context of the referendum
- The reasons for the rejection
- The ways out of the crisis
- How did the crisis happen?
- What to do now?
Why do we need blood? Blood cannot be "manufactured" artificially, and it is irreplaceable. In France, every year three million blood donations are needed to ensure the survival of sick and wounded people who lack a blood component. Blood transfusion selectively provides the patient the blood component that he is lacking. The disease can be treated for hemorrhage, deformations of blood cells, destruction of cells (cancer treatment), but almost always affects blood cell production.