Power is one of the basic requirements for the economic development of a country. The performance of various activities is dependent on the availability of adequate and reliable power supply. Our country has made a rapid progress in the field of electricity generation. Thermal power plants are a major source of electricity supply in India. The conventional method of power generation and supply to the customer is wasteful in the sense that only about a one third of the primary energy fed into the power plant is actually made available to the user in the form of electricity .In conventional power plant, efficiency is only 35% and remaining 65% of energy is lost. The major source of loss in the conversion process is the heat rejected to the surrounding water or air due to the inherent constraints of the different thermodynamic cycles employed in power generation. Also further losses of around 10-15% are associated with the transmission and distribution of electricity in the electrical grid.
[...] The deaerator water inlet temperature is 650c and outlet temperature is 1050c FORCED DRAUGHT FANS A blower or a fan which is installed at the base of a boiler to force the air through the bed and other passages is called as a forced draught fan. In this plant the blower is allowed to blow the air from the bottom of the grate so that the bagasse is spraded with this forced air and it ignites quickly. Another draught fan is used in this plant which will blow the air through the air preheator, which forces the heated air to the boiler furnace which helps in better combustion process. [...]
[...] Exploitation of the cogeneration facility, in addition to producing cogeneration electricity, the condensing heat will be converted to electricity at times of low heat demand. However, since the cogeneration facility is a technical compromise between the production of power and heat, the use of a cogeneration plant for the generation of electricity only will be less ecologically efficient than the production of electricity in a condensing power plant COMBUSTION ANALYSIS CONCEPT Combustion occurs when fossil fuels, such as natural gas, fuel oil, coal or gasoline, react with oxygen in the air to produce heat. [...]
[...] and cost-effective means to save energy and reduce pollution the cogeneration is the combined generation of steam and electricity .Cogeneration, can result in primary fuel savings of 35% for a typical system as a result of the increased efficiency of a CHP system, which may be as high as compared to separate generation of steam and power. The advantages of sugar mill cogeneration include relatively low capital cost requirements and the use of a renewable, in digenous waste as a polluting” fuel. [...]
[...] Combustion efficiency So there is a need to analyze the combustion to obtain better adjustments in the boiler to get a good efficiency of the boiler, in turn, which causes fuel economy DEFINATION OF COMBUSTION: Combustion is defined as rapid chemical reaction of two or more substances with a characteristic liberation of heat and light (flames); it is commonly called burning. Flames represent combustion reactions that can propagate through space at subsonic velocity and are accompanied by the emission of light. [...]
[...] A fan is provided at the top of the tower so that it draws the air in through lowvers extending all around the tower at its base WATER TREATMENT PLANT FIG: 14 WATER TREATMENT PLANT The natural water contains solids, liquids and gaseous impurities, these impurities should be removed before it is used for steam generation. If these impurities are not removed then the corrosion and erosion of boiler tubes, turbine blades and condenser tubes takes place. These solids even blocks the boiler tubes and thus results in tube failure due to over heating. [...]
Online readingwith our online reader
Content validatedby our reading committee