The Indian Telecommunication network with 69 million telephone connections is the fifth largest in the world and the second largest among the emerging economies of Asia. Today, it is the fastest growing market in the world and represents unique opportunities for UK companies in the stagnant global scenario. With tele-density approaching 6.9 per hundred, the target to achieve 15 per hundred by 2010 looks well within reach. India's total mobile subscriber base (both cellular and wireless in local loop-mobile) has reached 27 million. About 85% of the villages have village public telephones (VPTs) - 5,16,887 VPTs exist in India. The remaining 15% that includes 88,970 villages are yet to be covered. Accordingly, India's 10th Five- year plan 2002-07 projects £25 billion worth of investments in 50 million fixed lines, 30 million cellular lines and 20 million Internet connections.
The Telecom services market in India for the FY ending Mar 03 is worth £7 billion and the equipment business is worth £4 billion. Combined together the telecom market in India continues to grow at an annual rate of 23%. Much of the growth has come from wireless telephony-cellular and WLL-M.
A number of stumbling blocks have fallen and many more are expected to come tumbling down soon. According to the Gartner Report, the Indian telecom services market will touch £10 billion by 2006.
Due to intense competition, last year saw a considerable rationalization of tariffs. This is reflected in the growth of industry. Though the subscribers increased by 100%, revenues are growing at an approximate rate of 23%.
[...] National Roaming Rs per month International Roaming Rs per month Itemized Billing Rs per month E Bill Rs per month SMS Local Person to Person Rs per message National / Info Services SMS Rs per message International SMS Rs 5.00 per message Dial in Services Rs per minute Hutch World Rs per month Hutch Access Rs per month Usage Charges of 50p per 10 kb apply Voice Mail Rs per month Unified Messages Rs per month STD No monthly rental. [...]
[...] It has emerged form study that among the pre-paid card user the percentage of the company card users are as follows : Airtel : 32% Trump : 25% Hutch : 24% Idea : 10% Reliance : From the survey it has come to the following findings regarding the Hutch Competitor in the Post-paid section: Airtel : 40% Trump : 22% Idea : 18% Reliance : 20% The best among the post card (form the point of prepaid card users) : Reliance : 50% Airtel : 22% Hutch : 18% Others : 10% The person generally preferred the Hutch card because of follows : Good Services : 80% Better Facilities : 10% Better Talk Time : 10% Graphical representation on the basis of observations Total Subscriber as on July 31st 2005 Hutch - 8844908 Airtel - 12789502 Idea - 5729344 BSNL - 10724498 Reliance Info Comm 12502486 All India GSM + CDMA 65652482 Analysis As the hypothesis is rejected because of the major users are of Airtel and Trump in the post-paid section. [...]
[...] Returning home Reset your phone as soon as you come back to Uttar Pradesh Hutch Updates Be in touch with the world so that you have wealth of information at your finger tips. You can get alerts/information at periodic intervals by subscribing to Hutch update, in the form of an incoming SMS. Hutch update is available for NEWS, ASTROLOGY, JOKES, CRICKET & STOCKS. You can subscribe to Hutch Updates by dialing 600 and following the instructions. The service would be activated within 24 hours. [...]
[...] conclusion It can be said, that though the Hutch had not got the major share in the post-paid category but still in both the section of pre-paid and post-paid it is giving the tough competition to others companies like AirTel, Reliance, Trump etc. The basic problem that the hutch companies faces is that there call charges is very high, which are generally not accepted by the students at such higher prices. But still all its facilities and services are satisfactory they should try to improve it, in order to have the good impact on the mind of customer. [...]
[...] Market Trends The telecom industry continues to be on a roll, led largely by a boom in cellular telephony, although growth of landline phones and internet connections continue to be 'held up'. Cellular telephony growth was triggered by the entry of two players, the State owned BSNL and the country's largest private company-Reliance that started offering CDMA-based mobile services in May' 03. According to JM Morgan Stanley, the cellular segment will be key growth driver for the Telecom services market in India. [...]
Online readingwith our online reader
Content validatedby our reading committee